Instantly Remove Dirt and Mud Stains
Mud and dirt are inevitable enemies of laundry. They may seem easy to manage, but if not handled correctly, they can lead to an unsightly and permanent stain. By following a few simple steps, you’ll be able to tackle even the most formidable mud stain with ease.
Removing Mud Stains, What You Will Need:
1. Plastic knife or plastic spoon
2. Small nail brush or toothbrush
3. A powerful laundry pre-treatment product (such as Outrageous Stain Remover by Rejuvenate)
4. Washing Machine
Steps to Remove the Stain
If the stain is wet mud (as opposed to dried dirt), allow the mud to dry completely. DO NOT attempt to wipe away mud that is wet or damp as this will spread the stain and possibly grind it into the fabric fibers. When the mud is dry, gently scrape off the excess with the plastic knife or spoon, being careful not to grind the dirt into the fabric.
Gently brush at the dirt/dried mud with small brush or toothbrush.
Treat the stain with laundry pre-treatment product of your choice, such as Outrageous Stain Remover and Laundry Pre-Treater
1. Apply Outrageous to the stain
2. Lightly agitate with a soft cloth
3. Allow to sit for a few minutes to penetrate
4. Wash the garment following all care guidelines on the tag.
5. When cycle is completely finished, check the clothes carefully for any sign of the stain. If the stain remains, repeat. NEVER dry clothes in a dryer if a stain remains as this will set the stain, which will then be nearly impossible to remove.